Gi-Lab incorporates modern technologies such as:
- Open systems architecture
- 3-tier application
- Interfacing with third party/other software
The main characteristics of Gi-Lab are as follows:
Patient admittance and identification are facilitated in many different and easy ways, such as with the use of Social Security Numbers or other coding systems, or hospital electronic patient records.
It records incoming samples / test orders and it matches them with a particular patient. It automatically assigns serial numbers / barcodes to the samples. It implements procedures for sample differentiation.
Organization of worklists
Tests are organized in worklists (arranged by medical equipment, by sample type, according to the availability of the necessary reagents, scheduling, etc). This analysis is the basis of organizing the workflow in the laboratory and it helps save time and reagents. The system checks the type and number of pending tests (at the daily process level), and (in conjunction with the required reagents) it proposes a plan for the test flow.
Connection with analyzers and pre-analytical systems
Gi-Lab connects with all analyzers, making the most out of every analysis (one-way - bidirectional communication using bar-codes, quality control etc). It supports high operational redundancy providing alternative connectivity solutions, so that in any case of interruption it will continue to maintain smooth and uninhibited operation of the system.
Validation of results
Gi-Lab offers assistance in results validation by monitoring:
- Analyzer flags.
- Control sera results sorted by Lot.
- Correlation of related test results by patient (eg blood glucose – urine glucose).
- Correlation with archived test results and diagrams.
- Results out of reference range.
- QC diagrams and Delta check.
Gi-Lab fully supports established quality control procedures. It automatically records Quality Control results. It prepares Levey–Jennings plots, either for stand-alone controls, or combined (Westgard Rules). Full compliance with ISO-15189 requirements.
Customizable Result Forms
The appearance of the result form can be configured according to the requirements of the laboratory. The design includes graphs (histograms, plots, images etc) and other elements such as the hospital logo, comments, etc.
The system produces various statistic reports. Here are a few:
- % of total for patients, sorted by the length of time spent, by clinic, by physician, by laboratory, by analyzer, by operation priority, etc.
- Value comparison between test results for individual patients, or for selected groups.
- Studies of fluctuations over time (medians, extreme values, exceeding limits, standard deviations, etc).
- Levey–Jennings diagrams and Westgard plots.
- Statistics related to the workload size for laboratories, medical equipment, and users.
- Statistics regarding rerun tests.
- Statistics related to the usage of medical equipment.
- Correlation of test results in specific patient populations.
- Turn-around time exploration.
- Informative reports regarding costs/efficiency ratio.
- Informative reports for the management.
The old-type, bulky manuscripts, are replaced by brand new, beautifully printed files.
Connectivity with Gi-Clinic
Interaction is seamless and transparent. This allows test programming for all laboratories from both systems.
Test programming is done:
- In-house, from within each of the laboratories.
- Centrally, from the front-desk.
- Locally, at the blood collection sites, in clinics, in outpatient clinics, in the emergency room, etc.
Connectivity with HIS
The system can exchange data with the Hospital Information System (HIS). The information transfer includes:
- Orders transfer from the central system.
- Updated medical data from the laboratory system.
Gi-Lab implements multiple security levels. It ensures full confidentiality, integrity (accuracy), accessibility, and availability of data.
Medical Confidentiality/Personal Data
It provides absolute medical confidentiality and personal information protection through strict criteria for determining access rights at several levels.
Traceability – User Rights
Gi-Lab offers traceability of operations and functions, so that the presentation of the whole history of the work cycle is possible. Each entry, change, or deletion is recorded along with the password of the user and time stamp of the change.
User rights are defined by roles within the system. For example, there is a clear separation between the users who have the right to register results and those with rights to control and release them. Authorized users can follow the results history.
The system has a modular architecture, which offers a high degree of customization, when it comes to management, functionality, or security. Organizational or operational differences of each laboratory are dealt with by simple system parameter adjustments.
For all Laboratory Types
Gi-Lab covers the entire spectrum of medical laboratories. For each and every different laboratory there is the possibility to fully customize the system so that it covers specific needs, depending on its type and capacity. Examples include the main laboratory categories:
- Microbiology (Cultures)
- Nuclear medicine
- Tissue compatibility
- Genetics & Assisted reproduction
- Cytology - Pathology (Gi-Cell)
For a detailed description of Gi-Lab please contact as using: contact form